One of the greatest benefits of the World Wide Web is that people can take college and university courses even if they live nowhere near the campuses of those institutions. (They still have to pay a fee for the course, though.) Taking and passing such courses can result in them being able to pursue a career they otherwise could not. The subject of this article, specifically, will be where to look online for a marketing degree. Online business courses were, in fact, the first to gain recognition by employers.
Most of the major universities offer the same courses online that they teach on campus. Students taking online classes at the University of Phoenix also have access to their web student resources: the Online University Library, with its records of conference proceedings, dissertations, and industry reports, as well as articles, essays, audio files, and much more; the Center for Mathematical Excellence, which includes math tutoring via WorldWideWhiteboardTM Web conferencing; and the Center for Writing Excellence, where one can get help and support in writing papers. M.B.A. programs are offered in energy management, global management, health care management, human resources management, marketing, project management, and technology management. Candidates wishing to take online courses fill out a form to find the program that is right for them.
Western Governors University offers a B.A. in Business Management, Marketing Management, HR Management, IT Management, and Sales & Sales Management. This university uses the competency- based approach. In other words, students are awarded degrees by demonstrating their knowledge and skills of the essential concepts, rather than by completing a certain number of courses. The form used to request information on online classes asks applicants how they rate themselves as self- directed learners (good at learning independently, some past experience at independent learning, need close instructor guidance).
For Northeastern University’s College of Business Administration, one fills out an address form to receive a free online MBA brochure. At Florida Tech University, one can at present apply online and have his application fee waived.
Many institutions of higher learning have been founded online, with no “campus” in the traditional sense. One of these is ELearners, which grants the following degrees:
- A.S. in Marketing: essentials of consumer needs and the “four P’s”— product, place, promotion, and price; may be taken as a separate program. Accredited by Post University Online.
- Associate of Applied Science in Business Management— Marketing and Sales: This and the one below are accredited by Rasmussen College. The course focuses on forming a sales team, adapting one’s strategies to keep pace with competitors, and exploiting recent marketplace trends.
- Associate of Applied Science in Business Management— Internet Marketing: This course was created to accommodate the growing demand for Internet marketers. One important field covered is SEO (Search Engine Optimization), a method of increasing the rank of one’s website in a list of search results.
- Bachelor of Science in Communication/ Marketing and Sales Communication: concentrates on the psychological aspects of business.
- Bachelor of Science in Business/ Marketing: identifying customer needs, linking theory and practice, critical thinking and decision making.
Choosing the right program
How does one determine which program is right for him, out of all the many that are available? First, the institution must be accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation. It should also have the endorsement of the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business.
Many institutions have developed “blended” or “hybrid courses,” which are taken partly online and partly face to face. It is crucial to realize that there are subjects that cannot be taught completely online.
As mentioned above, Internet marketing has become an area requiring special training. And some students focus on logo and advertising design. Others seek work in public relations or web page design.
A student who has completed any of the above degree programs can find employment in advertising, sales, retailing management, marketing research, international marketing, and others. Such a career will bring in $30,000 per year easily.
As the largest private university in North America, University of Phoenix has locations nationwide, and is available online in most countries around the world. Whether you're seeking a college degree at an associate's, bachelor's, master's, or doctoral level, we can help you reach your academic goal and sooner than you might think.
- B.S. in Business/Marketing
- M.B.A. - Marketing
- A.A. in Business Foundations
- And more...
Thanks to Florida Tech offering intensive degree programs 100% online, students located all over the world have the opportunity to access the same world-class education as those who attend classes on the main campus in Melbourne, Florida. As a Florida Tech online student, you'll experience dynamic individualized relationships with your instructors. Working online with Florida Tech professors and students in an interactive environment provides you with a unique educational experience.
- Associate of Arts in Marketing
- Mini MBA Certificate/Marketing
- Mini MBA Certificate/Internet Marketing
- And more...
TECHNOLOGY CHANGES EVERYTHING ™
Now knowledge is everywhere, for everyone, making earning your college degree a real possibility. Experience a new way of learning through the innovative online experience at Ashford University. Earn the Associate’s, Bachelor’s, or Master’s degree you’ve always wanted because achievement belongs to all of us.
- BA/Organizational Management - Marketing
- BA/Health Marketing and Communications
- BA/Public Relations and Marketing
- And more...
At Post University, we believe you shouldn’t have to put your life on hold to further your education. That’s why we offer a wide range of quality Certificate, Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in a highly interactive online format that emphasizes flexibility, convenience, and support. Whichever program you choose, you can take classes in 8-week modules, six times a year from faculty members with advanced degrees and extensive real-world experience. You’ll also enjoy access to a full array of academic support services, including advising, tutoring, writing center assistance, and our virtual library at no additional charge.
- B.S. in Marketing
- A.S. in Marketing
- B.S. in Marketing - Sales Marketing
- And more...
DeVry University provides quality education that employers respect, and is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association (ncahlc.org), the same organization that accredits many other well-known public and private schools.
- Bachelor's - Business Administration - Sales and Marketing
- Bachelor's - Business Administration
For over 35 years, Keiser University has provided student-centered, quality career education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions.
- MBA - Marketing (Online)
- Graduate Business Certificate in Management and Leadership
Kaplan University is focused on recognizing the achievements of military and veteran students and offers the flexibility of an online education. Eligible students can receive college credit for prior military experience and coursework—up to 75 percent of the credit needed for a Kaplan University undergraduate degree.*
- MISO / Psychological Operations Marketing and Human Behavior Certificate (Military Only)
- MBA - Marketing
- BS in Business Administration - Marketing
- And more...
At Broadveiw University, we prepare students for exciting careers in high-value fields. Imagine getting paid for what you love doing. It all starts with career-based training at Broadview University.
- BS-Business Management: Marketing emphasis
- BS-Business Administration
- AAS-Business Administration
Earn your graduate degree online with Northcentral University. We offer online programs focused on doctoral and master's degrees in the schools of business and technology management, education, and behavioral and health sciences.
- Marketing - PhD in Bus. Admin.
- Marketing - MBA
- Marketing - D.B.A.
- And more...
- B.S. Marketing Management
- B.S. Sales and Sales Management
- Master of Business Administration